Friday, October 22, 2010

Christmas Spirit?

I am a Christmas purist.  I think the focus should be more on the birth of Jesus and less on presents.  I think decorations should go up after Thanksgiving and stay up until Epiphany.  I know not everyone agrees with me on these things, but even if you don't agree with those things, can you agree that these trees we saw last weekend are just wrong in every way possible?

These ones aren't quite as bad - at least they are a natural color of green.  But still... 

If you live somewhere that these trees grow naturally, maybe they are more appealing.  Jo, care to weigh in on that one?

Somehow I just don't think that people who live among real, beautiful evergreens like these ones wouldn't even think of putting one of those other monstrosities in their homes!

On a completely unrelated note, isn't the new blog design great?  Thanks, Joanna, for keeping our blog pretty!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Isn't it great having a phone where you can take pictures wherever you are? I have never seen a palm tree one.

And I didn't even know you had a new design as I read in Google reader - oh the things I miss out on. It looks nice!

Joanna said...

There is only one word for those trees and that is: atrocity. OH MY WORD!!! Do people actually but those things?! HORRORS!

Joanna said...

I mean buy those things, not but those things.