- We did decide to join a local Home School Co-Op. I am signing my boys up for art and PE together, then Ethan will take a Music Makers class while Aaron takes chess. These classes meet just once a week for 30 weeks.
- I purchased Sonlight's Core B+C which covers Bible, World History, Read-Aloud books that correspond with the history, and I purchased the Grade 4-5 readers for Aaron. I am using the Grade 2 readers I already had for Ethan this year, also Sonlight.
- In addition to the Bible readings that are included in the instructor's guide with the Sonlight package (I did not purchase the full Bible curriculum), I got some Rod & Staff books to supplement the Bible lessons.
- For Language Arts, I bought the Rod & Staff Grade 3 English for Aaron and the Grade 1 for Ethan. I also am continuing them in A Reason for Handwriting and adding Spelling Power by Curriculum Associates and Writing Strands 3 for Aaron.
- For Science we went with Apologia Anatomy and Physiology, and I am very excited about this program!
- For math, I am using Right Start Math level C with Ethan (but Aaron will listen in for review), and moving Aaron to Abeka's Grade 3 Math for a year to help build Aaron's math confidence and let him review the same concepts he did in level C last year but with a book that still says "Grade 3" on it!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Johanna's Final Curriculum Choices
I cannot believe that school will be starting in just over a week! I am ready, but my children would rather continue their days of lazy play...I guess that is to be expected! I already posted a lot about what I planned to do this year, but I finally got everything mapped out for the year, so I thought I'd share my finished plan!