Monday, June 29, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
And look at this fungus growing in the zinnias. Weird. I wonder how to get rid of it. I might have to just take it out by hand.
Monday, June 22, 2009
That baby giraffe is only three 1/2 months old. He is already over 8 feet tall, though!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
So, anyway, here are my choices for Aaron's 1st grade year:
- Language Arts: First Language Lessons, part 1, finish OPG, Sonlight Readers (grade 2), Spelling Workout A, Explode the Code, Handwriting Without Tears
- Math: RightStart Math B, MathTacular DVD
- History & Geography: Sonlight Core K - Introduction to World Cultures (Core K makes it sound like it is for Kindergarten, but it is for K, 1, or 2 - or ages 5-7)
- Bible: Read through Egermeier's Bible, AWANA
- Science: Sonlight Science K, The Story of Me
- German: Power Glide, Jr. German
- Art: Rod & Staff Art grade 1, Drawing With Children, Rod & Staff scripture memorization coloring books
- Music: piano lessons, Great Composers
Ethan is still only interested in school some of the time, which is fine with me. I am in no hurry to rush him into it since he has the rest of his life to learn and work. I'll let him play while he can! But, he does like to do some workbooks and math. On an ideal day, he would do these things, but it is all pretty much optional!
Ethan's K-4 year:
- General Readiness: Rod & Staff Preschool Workbook ABC series
- Bible: listen in with Aaron, AWANA
- Reading: OPG (when he is ready - he isn't interested yet, though)
- Handwriting: Handwriting Without Tears
- Math: RightStart Math A
I have everything either ordered or in house already! Most of it is in transit. I love, love, love when boxes of books come in the mail. My total cost isn't as low as yours since my Sonlight uses lots of living books rather than one text book, but hey, that is why I like it! For the two of them, we came in around $760. I'm going to have to clean out my bookshelf now so I have room to keep everything in an organized manner!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
I have made some really scrumptious and even classy dishes in my kitchen, but tortillas are not on that list. They might taste good, but they look terrible and fall apart. What is with that???
Thursday, June 4, 2009
The older boys had been put to bed, I was sitting on the couch nursing Andrew and playing on Facebook, and Jerry was in our bedroom on his computer writing a paper for school. Andrew had gotten to that very important stage of nursing where he was asleep, but almost done nursing so at a point where one false move will wake him up, but stillness and quiet will send him into a nice deep sleep. Suddenly, I hear Ethan from the bathroom yell, "Mom! I cannot reach the toilet paper!"
Uh-Oh. If I get up to help him, Andrew will wake. If I yell loud enough to get Jerry's attention to help Ethan, Andrew will wake. What to do? What to do?
Then it hits me - I'll Skype Jerry! I love Skype, but I usually use it to "call" my friend who lives in Germany so we can talk free of charge. I've never used it to "call" someone in my own house. But, tonight, it was just what the doctor ordered! I used a Skype chat and typed, "Ethan needs tp." Before I knew it, Jerry walked out of the bedroom with a TP roll in hand!
Whew! Disaster averted!