- We sprouted kidney beans on wet paper towels in jars this last week. The boys loved seeing them grow. The jar on the left got mold in it and the sprouts all died. The jar on the right has sprouts that are now 8 inches above the top of the jar! I think we're going to try to transplant them to soil later today!
- We signed the big boys up for T-Ball! Their season starts at the end of February. We tried to sign Aaron up last year, but he just didn't want to do it yet. I think being in Scouts has helped him be willing to branch out and try new things. I think Jerry and I are as excited as the boys, though!
- Is it bad that Christmas thank-you cards are still on my "To Do" list?
- This is what it looks like when I finally do dishes after almost 3 days of being on strike!
- Aaron had his first Pinewood Derby. He didn't win, and he was very disappointed about that. He won the first race by a good 2 feet, but then when they were setting the cars up for the second race, the man dropped his car hard. After that, it went much slower. Aaron didn't see that happen, and I am glad for that. Despite not winning a trophy, he had a lot of fun!
- Jerry has made lots of progress on the bathroom remodel this week. He grouted the floor tile and finished painting the cabinets and reinstalling them. He added hardware to the cabinets (before there was none), and finished scraping the extra grout off the wall tile.
- This is what the cabinets looked like before paint. I know that painted cabinets are not technically as nice as stained cabinets, but when the stain is "honey oak" circa 1984 that is dull and lifeless, and the paint looks so incredible, I think the paint is still better!
Finished TCU Derby car!
Amazingly, the crock pot balanced precariously on the left did not fall! I was a bit worried about that...
Aaron was so proud of his TCU car. He did all the painting himself. Jerry taped off the lines for him and applied a sticky stencil so he could paint the numbers and letters, but Aaron did all the painting, sanding, and designing!
I love the way all the elements look together! This remodel is getting exciting!!
Do you think I should do dark brown paint in my kitchen, too? I don't know how I feel about painted cabinets in the kitchen, but these drive me nuts...