- I think this has been the January/February with the most snow and ice days in the DFW area that I can remember! It has been crazy just how often everything has been shut down for a bit of ice.
- Along the snow day theme - the post office doesn't really have that motto, "Neither rain, nor snow, nor..." We have had almost no mail delivery in the past couple of weeks!
- Good news on the allergy front! Jerry and the boys went in for another treatment this last week, and were told that after the 3 week "critical period" is over, they can add in ALL their allergic foods on a rotational basis! Woo-Hoo! That means I get back yeast and tomato!! I have really missed yeast and tomato.
- I placed an order with this company, 240 Sweet, recently. I was amazed at the level of customer service I received from them! I messed up my order (completely my fault) and e-mailed to see if they could change it before it shipped. I had a response in less than an hour from them, they fixed the problem, and even went above and beyond what I asked them to do! You don't get service like that very often anymore. If you are looking for a fun treat or an unique gift, check this company out!
- You may not even notice my adoption ticker on the side blog anymore. After something's been up for 2 years, 3 months, and 3 days, it starts to blend in with the background. When we first started this whole process, we were told the timeline was about 28 months from our dossier being accepted in China to travelling to pick up our daughter. We are now just days away from that 28 month point, and it doesn't look like we are any closer to going to China than we thought we were then. This can be discouraging at times, but occasionally some promising news comes out of China, as it did this past week. Please continue to pray for this whole process - and not just for me, but for the thousands of families waiting to receive a referral from China, and the tens of thousands of children in orphanages throughout that country waiting for their forever families. Change doesn't usually happen quickly in this whole process, but I know that God is in control of every step of the process. He alone can cause things to speed up!
- I am finally getting my energy back after surgery Jan. 4, which was preceeded by about 4 months of being anemic. I can almost feel my red blood count growing each day - and one friend told me I even sound like I have more energy! You never realize how much you appreciate your red blood cells until you are low on them.
Andrew enjoying playing in the snow!
A full 4 inches one of our snow days!
All of my men enjoying some winter fun.
A bit of snow and a very big stick. What more does a boy need?
Aaron - all bundled up and ready to play, but humoring his mom with a smile!