Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Lazy Meme...Just For You Johanna

Why don't I blog anymore? Because it takes way too long to do it. This post has taken me an hour to do. With interruptions and my own commentary and meticulous checking and re-checking. The sad part is, I'm sure there are still mistakes in there that I didn't catch.
 (Because blog posts are boring without pictures, here is a picture of Isaac and the dog, Ready)
1. Started your own blog (which I dutifully ignore as much as I can)
2. Slept under the stars (love camping!!!)
3. Played in a band (played the clarinet, I wasn’t very good)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower (just recently we took the girls out to the middle of nowhere to watch one)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain (in Colorado, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Ecuador and in South Korea)
9. Held a praying mantis (they totally freak me out now!)
10. Sang a solo (that was quite unfortunate; I hope no one was traumatized, but I’m sure they were)
11. Bungee jumped (you must be insane to do this)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (quilting)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (If I never go to New York, it will be too soon)
18. Grown your own vegetables (it’s always a fluke though. Although, my onions seem to be doing well)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (that would be so fun!!)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (who wants to be kidnapped and killed by some freak on the highway???)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (I’m a good girl.)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (I think during the Nativity we used to do at the Mission)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon (I would die)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33 Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (would like to. Mostly France and Germany, although I’m not sure where in Germany my Grandpa hails from. My grandma is from Bordeaux.)
35. Seen an Amish community (In Pennsylvania. Lovely!)
36. Taught yourself a new language (Latin! Not that I’m even remotely fluent or anything like that.)         
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (it was in a climbing gym, I’ve been bouldering outside. That’s fun)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (in pictures…they didn’t specify where)
41 Sung karaoke (you don’t want to hear me sing)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (I’ve watched it live online, does that count?)
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45 Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (once from the pool where my head was bleeding profusely and once for the “Crazy Eye Incident”)
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (we recently took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at the drive-in. Good times!)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (disaster!)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60 Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (Joanna and the horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad Girl-Scout-cookie-selling experience)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64 Donated blood, platelets, or plasma (I’ve never weighed enough to do this, or if I have, I’ve been pregnant)
65. Gone sky diving (not worth the remote chance the kids would be left mother-less)
66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (but dearly want to)
67 Bounced a check (I should never be put in charge of the finances)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt (it is so much fun! Can’t wait until I can do it more often)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades (You’d think I would, since I live in Florida)
75. Been fired from a job (But I’ve left a note “I quit” and walked out the door while the owners fist-fought in their office)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (I WANNA GO!!)         
77. Broken a bone (I have bones of steel. My jaw was not even broken when a horse kicked me in the face)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (FUN! But it wasn't exactly speeding fast-like, just going above the speed limit)
79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (the Frogmobile. I miss that car and its 50 miles per gallon)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (when I graduated from Basic Training and for some reason the Cedar Hill paper thought it was necessary to tell the entire town that I was doing benevolent things in Ecuador)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House (only to the outside, though...)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (I could probably behead a chicken, but I’m not sure I could handle anything else)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (performed the Heimlich on my cousin who was choking on a piece of candy.)
90. Sat on a jury (got called up for jury duty in Dallas, only I was stationed in California at the time, so I couldn’t go)
91. Met someone famous (once, the captain of the Dallas Stars pulled up in an expensive car right next to where I was giving samples of Starbucks coffee. I offered him a sample and he sneered at me and went into the Calvin Klein store for a private fitting. Have also met lots of famous Christian music artists, since Dad was the GM of the radio station in Farmington. Nice people)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (Grandpa Frederick, and my first baby)
94. Had a baby (six babies, six lovely, noisy babies)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee (but I’ve been stung by a wasp, right on my pregnant belly, next to my belly button)

What this says to me is: I have much commentary, and not very much substance. HA!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Hooray for a Joanna blog post! Sorry it took so long for you to put it together...but it made my day, if that helps any.

You are so smart on the "Seen Michelangelo's David" one! I saw a replica of it in a museum in London, and have seen lots of pictures, but didn't think to count any of that!

Elspeth said...

Seriously, where did that list originate? I can't think of 25 things I'd put on a bucket list!

If it took me as long as it takes you put together a post, I'd abandon my blog, too!

Isaac is very cute, by the way.

Joanna said...

Johanna got the list from Jess @ Making Home.

Isaac IS really cute! Super dooper uber cute! He kills me with cute!

Yup, I re-read everything I write a dozen times, fix some stuff, and then re-read a dozen times again. It's annoying. I'm not an efficient writer, but I'm good at editing. Even now, I've come back to this post about 6 times re-reading and fixing things I missed before. We're starting a new writing program in school this year. Maybe it will teach me how to write more efficiently.