1) Need coffee. Must revitalize self. Dragging, dragging. Need sleep...or coffee.
2) I am learning to play the piano. It's fun.
3) While I was practicing the piano today I noticed a distinct lack of Lily; this is not good, especially as she had already come downstairs with a big box of Whoppers which means she had to scale my dresser and climb on top of it, grab the Whoppers, get back down to the floor and then meander downstairs munching on chocolaty, malty delights. So, I notice she's gone and go to look for her and she's has drawn herself a bath in my tub and is literally swimming in it. In her clothes and diaper. Must keep a closer eye on Lily.
We had a mini family reunion with two of my aunts and their kids and one husband andmy grandpa. It was fun.
4) Went to the beach Monday. It's beautiful. The water is so warm and it's shallow for a long way out. Unlike the Atlantic side where it's rather chilly and gets deep quickly. However, I got a very bad sunburn. The rest of my family though...Del got a nice deep brown and all the girls got tanner. Then the next day all their tans were almost gone. I'm still slathering aloe and getting pumped up for "The Great Peel". Whenever anyone touches my shoulders I go "ouch".
Lovely, dirty, messy, sandy beach.
5) Mom and Dad are in England. I'm jealous. They get to see my friend Tina.
6) I'm stalling. I'm supposed to be cleaning my cabinets.
My highly unsocialized, homeschooled children make friends with Katie at the beach.
7) I now have gray hair on the other temple, too. Del's got too many to count. I *love* that. I think it's so fun to grow older with him. Sigh. My tummy still does flips when I think of him.
8) Coffee?? Where is the coffee?
9) I still have 6 math lessons to do with Ella and the rest of OPG to do with Sarah but I haven't done anything this week at all. It feels nice to not worry about it.
10) I was really excited when I went over to Pioneer Woman Cooks to see if I won a mixer and saw my name. There it was. Joanna was a winner. Unfortunately it was someone else who'd been to New York before. I nearly cried. My poor mixer. I need a new one. For free. Because no one in their right mind spends that much on a mixer. Well, that's not true but still, we don't have the money for that so I'd like it for free. Hear that Ree?
Pointless beach photo, I just thought it was a cool photo.
11) I'm deep into the postpartum hair loss phase. I actually have nearly bald spots above my temples. Everyday I sweep huge amounts of hair off the floor and we're constantly cleaning hair out of the vacuum cleaner. It's never been this bad before. I wonder what the deal is.
12) I'm going to go make some coffee. Maybe a mocha. And then I'm going to clean my cabinets. We had some painted lady caterpillars and here we are letting them go after they had become butterflies.
13) Anna is teething. She is one cranky baby. I can see the little bumps on her gums. I hope they cut through soon because she won't nap she is so mad about it.