1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
You know, I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who gets a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration every time I go! It always comes with a side of whiny kids, in my experience, too. Anyway, I'm a firm believer in avoiding this store at all costs which means I only go about twice a month, if that. Usually, it is to get something that I know is cheaper there than a department store, like a box fan or some random child's toy. The only item I get there with regularity is nursing pads. There you have it.
2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?
I totally agreed with Jenni's answer here - vampires. The obsession is mind boggling to me.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?
Research. Yep, you read that right, research. I love, love, love learning about new and obscure things. If not for the Internet, I would require a huge set of encyclopedias. Not just regular ones either. I'd also need medical ones, special botanical ones, a full set of culinary ones...you get the idea!
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
Honestly, as much as I enjoy singing, I never sing in the shower! As for the car, whatever is on the radio. Boring. Oh, well.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Good quality vinegar. No salad is complete without it. Oh, and cheese. Mmmmm....vinegar and cheese. It has been a few weeks since I had either and I am in total withdraw.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Don't think you are always going to post every day. Unless you become totally unbalanced in your life (or don't have any kids) it probably isn't going to happen. Oh, and more readers isn't always better!
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
I think they considered Jennifer. I know my mom wanted my middle name to be Stephanie. But, I like my name just as it is. There were too many other Jennifers when I was growing up. Although, it would be nice not to have to spell and explain how my name is pronounced to every single person I meet.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
Short term: Teething to be over. Mid term: For my baby girl to arrive. Long term: To meet Jesus face to face. (Although I would be thrilled if this was a short term after all!)
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Amazon.com, full of new books. Man, I love that place! If it is from a person I know, my mother-in-law, with something for whatever holiday is just around the corner!
10. Today--what song represents you?
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
That I get way to focused on whatever problem I currently have or whatever new thing that is in my life and it consumes me to the exclusion of all else.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?
I chose by what would be super comfy. I am wearing capris with a soft waistband because I had a stomach bug yesterday, and my tummy is still a bit off today. I didn't want a waistband pushing in on me. It says I still am not 100%, but enough recovered to actually get dressed and not stay in my pj's all day, like I wished I had done yesterday when this bug hit.