Jenni's meme. Or I guess that's Linda's meme that Jenni did that Johanna did.
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
I don’t go to Wowmart…ever. Unless my mom forces me to run in there and pick something up and then I make sure to whine and complain about it the whole time. But that doesn’t happen very often.
2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?
Pirates. Um…hello, they stole things and killed people on the high seas. These are evil people, why do we want our kids to be pirates? And how about the skull and crossbones in pink and purple for your cute little girls? I don’t get it. At. All.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?
Golf? I don’t even play, but I really like to watch.
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
Redeemer by Nicole Mullen and anything Jars of Clay, Sara Groves, or the Danielson Famile; only I don’t sing in the shower. I like to pretend that’s my voice I’m hearing coming out of the speakers because truthfully? No one – not even me – wants to hear me sing. Tain’t pretty.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Cheese. But if you put goat cheese on it I might have to punch you in the nose.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Blog for yourself or your loved ones.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
My mom wanted to name me Shiloh and I will always be grateful to Dad for helping her to see the light and name me Joanna instead.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
Waiting for? Some of what I’m waiting for is just too deep to discuss here. Otherwise, I’m just waiting for Jesus to come and take us all home.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Amazon or Land’s End. I just bought some curriculum from Amazon today. Woohoo!! Can’t wait to get it in the mail.
10. Today--what song represents you?
Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me by Jars of Clay or You Are the Sun by Sara Groves.
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
Nothing…I already knew I was a horrible communicator and had lost all my writing skills due to neglect.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?
I reached in my drawer and pulled out the thing on top. I’ve tried to carefully pick my clothes so that whatever I pull out I will be comfortable and feel that I look nice. It’s been a work of many years and lots of give-aways. I guess that’s what you get for shopping the sale rack exclusively. I don’t think they say anything at all about how I’m feeling today.