- Go on and admit it...You figured that after a few posts "back blogging," that I had already given up, didn't you?? Ha! Actually, I just went on vacation. I know lots of bloggers schedule posts to publish while they are gone so there is no interruption to the blog, but quite frankly, I'm just not that organized! I barely got my family packed before we had to leave for the airport, much less wrote blog posts.
- I got to go to Washington, DC for the very first time!! I mean, I drove through it at night, on a bus, with my fellow Teen Missions friends on our way from Southern FL to JFK airport, but that doesn't count, okay? It was amazing! Hopefully, I'll post lots of pictures soon.
Me and my boys with statues of the George Washington family at Mt. Vernon.
On the steps of the Jefferson Memorial with the Washington Monument in the background.
- Did you know you can listen to audio books on a Kindle? I may be the very last person with a Kindle to discover this! Upon Granny's suggestion, I got A Patriot's History of the United States for free with a trial membership to Audible.com and had it sent wirelessly to my Kindle. I started listening to it last night. It will be good to finally get a proper perspective of US history. I never took a US history class in college, and let's face it - in high school, I was only concerned with finishing, not in actually learning anything!
- We got a new computer! I am typing this post on it, actually. It is a desktop, which is going to take some getting used to for me, since I have used a laptop for the past 6 years. But, my old laptop is dying, and it was time for a change. The really cool thing about this new computer is that the keyboard actually has the "L" key! My "L" key fell off my laptop about a year ago and I managed to figure out exactly how to touch the empty space that should have been an "L" key just right to get an "L" to appear, but it is so very nice to just type away without thinking about that.
- What are your summer plans? Since I went from school year, to swim lessons every day with preparing for our trip, to travelling, I feel like my summer begins today! I plan to go through ever square inch of my house this summer and purge, purge, purge as well as clean everything! I think every homeschooling mom can understand how things get put off in the cleaning and organizing area of life when school has to get done first.
- I'm sure I'll think of 17 other things to add as soon as I publish this, but those will just have to wait for another day! Have a great week!