- Andrew has a major dislike of bibs. I finally figured out that what he doesn't like is the feel of the plastic on his neck, so I finally bought him some bibs that are like a towel with a neck hole. I'm not thrilled about the Sesame Street theme of them, but I love that he will actually leave these ones on for a whole meal!
- More and more, I am getting to observe one of the benefits of homeschool that is not talked about often enough - watching my older boys actually have a relationship with their little brother. I have had so much fun watching Aaron interact with Andrew lately. They really know each other, and they like each other, too. They are able to forge the beginnings of what I hope is a life-long friendship now, because Aaron is actually home during the day. I know Aaron would still see Andrew after school and in the evenings if he was in traditional school, but it wouldn't be the same.
- If you've been reading this blog for long, you know that the only reason I drink coffee is for the flavored creamer, and guess what I found today? International Delights now has a CoffeeHouse Inspirations line of creamers. I picked up Caramel Macchiato and White Chocolate Mocha today and I cannot wait to try them!
- An interesting side note to my last point...I have Joanna to thank for even wanting to buy Caramel Macchiato creamer! Jo, remember when I came to visit when I was pregnant with Ethan? I had never been to a Starbucks before that trip, but we went for a very late and long visit to a local Starbucks after Aaron and your girls were asleep. Remember that? I had no clue what to order, and you suggested the Caramel Macchiato, and you know what? It is still my favorite choice there.
- Now this is a boy who loves doing school work!
- And this is what happens when you take a picture of your son, discover that he is squinting (because he is smiling so big), and ask him to try it again, only this time to "open [your] eyes."
- Look! We now have a working toilet in our remodeled bathroom! The boys love it because it is one of those dual flush jobbies - you know, little flush for liquid and big flush for... A little boy's dream come true!
- We also have a new light fixture.
- Now the remaining project is the shower tile. We have the design planned out and sketched onto the wall. It won't be long now!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Mini Post Monday
Well, since I know Joanna has a total conniption fit when I don't get my Mini-Post Monday actually posted on Monday, I figured I better get this done before midnight even if it kills me! And it might, you know...but that's just how much I love Joanna. I'm willing to risk life and limb for her by publishing on our blog. Am I a good friend, or what? Okay, on to my week in review...