Monday, December 6, 2010

Mini Post Monday

  • I cannot believe that there's only 19 days until Christmas.  Time flies.
  • This week, my parents celebrate their birthday.  Both born on December 8!  How cool is that?  I won't tell you how old they are, though...after all, occasionally my mom reads this blog! 
  • Dad, playing a game with Aaron and Jerry.
    Mom, helping me with the dishes after our big November birthday celebration!
  • I restarted the 100 push-up and 200 sit-up programs I tried to start a while back.  Um...I'm weak.  And sore.  Enough said.
  • Jerry started tiling the shower in our bathroom remodel! It looks amazing.  I married an amazing man.
  • I love the offset design with the glass tiles!
    Detail shot.
  • I've been getting a lot of headaches lately.  I woke up with a headache yesterday, and it was all I could do to get up to serve my turn in nursery duty.  Needless to say, we came home as soon as our duty was over, and I spent the rest of the day in bed.  The headache went away around 9:00 pm, but this morning it is back.  ::sigh::
  • School the next two weeks is all about Christmas!  We are making Christmas crafts, reading books about how people celebrate Christmas around the world, and making Christmas treats in the kitchen.  Man, I love homeschool!
  • Ethan has already outgrown all the pants I bought him for this winter.  Good thing he has a little brother, because I would hate getting rid of pants that have only been worn a few times.  He now weighs 5 pounds more than his big brother, who is almost 2 years older than him.  I told the boys that pretty soon Ethan would be passing his clothes down to Aaron...I think Aaron is not liking that idea very much!
  • Two closer brothers are hard to find. I am truly blessed!
    Silly shot.  This is actually a lot more normal for our house than the last one...
  • I'm enjoying the fact that it is soup and stew weather again!  I've missed soup.  I don't know how people who live in climates that never really get cold ever enjoy soup. 
  • I did the majority of my Christmas shopping online this year, taking advantage of Cyber Monday deals. It is so wonderful to get a package of stuff delivered to my door each day!  It is also nice that I don't have to find a time to go out without the boys so I can keep their gifts a secret. Plus, it is driving the boys NUTS to know gifts are in those big brown boxes at the door and then not be able to open them up right away! :) Amazon.com, I think I love you.
  • I want one of these for Christmas: Eureka Enviro Steam Mop. I think that officially makes me a dorky grown up.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

THEY LOOK LIKE TWINS!!!

Joanna said...

more later...

Joanna said...

LOVE the pushup thing! wow!!

Stacey said...

Great newsy post! I feel your pain on the clothing (although I don't have any hand-me-downs). I bought the twins several 3T shirts at the twins sale in October and they already are too short in the waist. I've had to break down and buy some new 4T ones.

The tiling is looking great!

As for the soup, we ate soup all summer :) but we definitely enjoy it more now.

Joanna said...

Your mom is so lovely.