1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
I splurge in spurts. Sometimes I buy something little for myself four days in a row, and then I go weeks with nothing. Probably on average, I get something 3 or 4 times a month - even if it is just a gourmet coffee when I'm at the grocery store!
2. What is the last creative project you began/finished?
If this has to be began AND finished...wow, probably a set of knit baby hats before Andrew was born almost 11 months ago! But I have started some socks (knit) and I've done lots and lots of creative cooking now that I found out we are allergic to food!
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or just right?
I think my house is just right! There is plenty of room and I can still keep it all clean most of the time. When our kids are older, we might want a different layout, but I don't think I'd really want anything bigger.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I'm not sure I can put "favorite" and "outdoor chore" in the same sentence. I hate all outdoor chores. Fortunately, Jerry hates all indoor chores and so we happily do what the other hates!
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
I'd probably be tempted, but opt not to due to the expense and odor. And I'm vain, so the discolored teeth would be a turn-off, too!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Ride and knit, baby!
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
My biggest trivial pursuit is keeping up with a couple reality TV shows that I like. It is quite trivial.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I used to not be able to put a book down once I started it out of some weird sense of duty to the book. I'm totally over that. If I am not hooked in the first chapter (book) or 10 minutes (movie), I move on.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
"White Trash Wedding" by the Dixie Chicks. I don't know why I love that song, and other than Jerry, no one else knew until now...
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Yes. Except when it comes to junk food. I'll eat store brand Oreos with no problem.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I'm so busy trying to keep up, I don't have time to try to control anything. I'd do a rotten job at it, anyway!