1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I probably use print more than cursive, but I enjoy cursive when I'm writing for pleasure.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
First of all, I hate scary movies. I am a very vivid dreamer - I dream in full color, very realistic, and in series (one dream can go on for days, continuing from one night to the next). So one scary movie can set me up for days of vivid nightmares. So I avoid scary movies like the plague, but I have seen one movie that gave me nightmares - "Misery." I saw this at a neighbor's house when I was 16 or so. It was horrible.
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
My car accident was pretty scary in the traditional sense, but I think when I took Ethan to the doctor when he was 8 months old and he was so sick he was just laying on my chest fighting for breath wins. The doctor told me that babies decline in order: first they stop playing, then eating, then drinking, then breathing. He was no longer doing the first three, so you can imagine the fear in this mommy's heart when he said that! By the way, he had RSV, and he still has breathing problems today from it. :(
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I am a horrible, terrible, no-good speller. Which is shameful considering I was an English teacher. The Oxford American Dictionary is my friend (and the only dictionary worth owning, by the way.) I have to constantly Google words that I cannot figure out how to spell, and see if Google will kick out a, "did you mean..." statement so that I can see the right spelling! I am so excited about actually learning proper spelling rules while teaching my kids. That might be one of the main reasons I homeschool... :)
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
I like puzzles, like Sodoku. I have to go through and eliminate each number possible and can never see the bigger picture/patterns, but I still like to do them.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Most often being around people. Of course, everyone needs some alone time now and then.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Yep! When I was in high school, my vocal ensemble sang at a local National Day of Prayer meeting, and the news covered it. They did a close up of me singing in their report.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Pumpkin. Cooked fruit is so overrated.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
3 - Reader's Digest, Cook's Illustrated, and Everyday Food. Unless you count the subscriptions I've ordered for my kids - then it'd be 5.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
That absolutely nothing in this world satisfies like Jesus.