From Second Cup of Coffee
1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
My most memorable teacher was my 9th grade algebra teacher. He was very good at his job and made math fun. I haven’t liked math since.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
The day I met Del. My life hasn’t been the same since.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
Brown. It’s quiet, it’s deep and rich, it’s calm, it’s pretty. It’s safe. I am so thankful to God for filling my life with brown: brown hair, brown eyes…most specifically and especially my fabulously brown husband. Plus chocolate is brown…coffee is brown. Brown – what’s not to like?
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
My knees are starting to hurt when I walk down the stairs and I’m getting lots of gray hair.
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
6. What's your favorite musical?
I’ll be totally unpretentious and say The Sound of Music…I haven’t seen too many more and honestly I can’t figure out what the big deal is with musicals. I’d rather see a full symphony any day.
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
Well, I’m not really a mouse, I’m a human. I’d like to be a country girl but I’m just not. I live in the city. I think I’d like to live a smaller life though. And grow some of my own food and raise some egg hens and slaughter my own cow. Okay, maybe I’m a country girl stuck in the city.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
Considering that these days you cannot go to the movies and buy popcorn for $19.95, having a star named after someone is just as much a waste of money as seeing a movie, in my humble opinion. Am I boring? I’d rather pay $20 for a couple bottles of wine or bubble bath and have some romance and whimsy that way. Hmmm, I wonder where my hubby is. Is this no longer G rated?
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't. (Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?)
Texting? What’s that? You know when I do text it’s almost invariably to Del and then it takes me about 10 minutes to type “love you” and figure out how to send it.
10. "It's not a party unless _______."
…there’s football involved. Okay but we do have tea parties and football doesn’t really mix in too well there. Presents? I’m not really sure what a party is anymore. I’m confused.
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
I don’t like to talk to myself too much so if I know that I’m going to be stuck in a waiting room I always bring some crossword puzzles or a book. If I’m in the car I’m listening to talk radio. In fact I really don’t mind being stuck in traffic since that’s about the only time I get to listen to talk radio.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
I’d like to think so. I talk too much and I interrupt and sometimes don’t let others get a word in edgewise. I don’t listen enough. But I know I have these problems and knowing is half the battle. So I figure I’d like myself since I’m willing to admit I have issues. Does this make me vain and arrogant? I think this is a weighted question. If you answer in the negative, you wonder why anyone is friends with you at all and you want to go jump off a cliff. If you answer in the positive you are an arrogant snob and want to go jump off a cliff. It’s questions like this that have people jumping off cliffs. I’m going to pretend I never read it and just be thankful that my friends put up with my not calling them and not emailing them and interrupting them and pray that God blesses them over and over for not abandoning me even though I’m such a poor friend and I’m sure they’d like to ditch me at times. Right guys? Guys??? Hello? You still reading?