1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
I have a few favorites. My 5th grade teacher made everything we had to do fun for us. I remember enjoying even the most mundane of tasks, like memorizing definitions, because she would make a song or a game.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
The day I had my car accident 11 years ago. I am still not fully recovered. It really changed who I am physically, but also spiritually because I saw God miraculously restore feeling to my hands and feet that I was beginning to wonder if it would ever return. It was a faith building moment that was so awesome it has been worth the lasting pain.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
My favorite color is red (clearly, since I'm using blue now, right?) because it is so bold and vibrant and bright. It's what I want to be!
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
The fact that I can predict a cold front or rain with amazing accuracy simply by the amount of pain in my hips and knees. That makes me sound really, really old.
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
No. But we do participate in our chruch's alternative, with costumes and all.
6. What's your favorite musical?
I'm not sure I've really seen enough musicals to have one. I've seen Phantom of the Opera (I know that's not a musical, folks - work with me) and I love it. I also love The Sound of Music. Does that count?
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
Country mouse. I should have been born and raised on a farm.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
I'd love to have a star named after me. That'd be cool.
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't. (Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?)
Um, I am soooo last millenium. I don't text.
10. "It's not a party unless _______."
there's good food. That's bad, huh?
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
You know I'm spying on everyone, making up some background story about them in my head and imagining what their life is like. :)
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
I'd like to think so, but I don't know. I can be a little bit self-absorbed and that's a quality I don't always appreciate in others... Maybe my wit and charm would way overpower that yucky stuff and I'd be enamored with myself... :)