- Did you know that if you put a raw egg in vinegar for 8 hours, the vinegar completely eats away the minerals in the shell leaving it the consistency of a balloon?
- The funniest thing one of my children has said in a long time, "Stop screaming like a Girl Scout in a cave!"
- Why, oh why, do peanut butter M&M's have to be so good?
- We have been deep cleaning the boys' room and have come to realize that we have allowed them to collect way too many toys. We are going to have to make some changes around here.
- We are beginning our third week of school today! Andrew still does not like the fact that I am spending so much more time focussed on his big brothers (leaving less time to dote on him), but he is getting better each day. Aaron still "hates school," but Ethan is loving being "official" now!
- I'm trying to get back in the habit of exercising, but I'm having a really rough time with that! I have always been an early riser who is ready to go to bed for the night by 9:00, but recently I have been having the hardest time waking up and have been able to stay up until 11:00 with no trouble. Since the only time I have to get to the gym is early in the morning, this is making it very hard to get the exercise in!
- Ethan officially weighs more than Aaron now. Poor Aaron is so small for his age, and even though Ethan is the epitome of average (50th percentile on every measurement), he has still surpassed his "big" brother.
- I have beautiful pictures from our vacation to Oregon, and I hope to be able to post them soon.
(Aaron - looking so much older than 7 year olds should be allowed to look. I'm strangely proud and sad all at the same time.)
(Our first day of school pictures.)
(Andrew FINALLY gives all out smiles on a regular basis. He has been our most serious kid by far, and getting him to smile in pictures has been like pulling teeth.)
(Ethan on one of our early morning hikes in Oregon.)
(A view of Mt. Hood from the trail around Mirror Lake.)