Sunday, December 21, 2008

Excuses,

Boy, am I ever tired.

Mom moved in. What a blessing that has been.

Since she moved in we've had the house painted and I just can't tell you what a difference that has made in making this house feel like ours and feel clean. Mom and I had a blast picking out the colors and Del really likes everything we picked out. Except for maybe the sewing room which is "sunbeam" yellow but since he doesn't have to sew in there and Mom and I really like it I guess that doesn't matter that much. The girls got their pink room. I was really hesitant to give them one because we saw so many horribly pink room while looking for houses that I almost didn't let them do it. But we picked out the palest shade of "fresh pink lemonade" and it actually is not overwhelming. I'll post some pictures when the job is finished. Our painters worked three days and then had to stop because one of them had some sort of medical procedure to endure so they're coming back on Tuesday to finish.

Mom and Dad's stuff got moved in. It's a little...no a lot chaotic but we've got the kitchen almost done and that goes a long way to making things seem rational around here. It's nice to have something other than the floor or steps to sit on. We didn't have much furniture. We're going to Ikea today, like right now, to finish buying the stuff for our school library. Mom, being a teacher, has about a billion books that we have to unpack and organize and toss and stuff before we can get going with school again and this is important to us.

I had an appointment at 36 weeks 2 days and was a mere 1/2 centimeter dialated. It's better than nothing I guess.

I will post some pictures when we get back tonight or tomorrow. We've got some good ones. Sorry for being so silent. I'm tired and a wee bit busy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sounds like a whirlwind at your house :) I am glad you are getting all settled!!

Try to get some rest!! ;)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about new paint making the house feel cleaner. It's good that you are getting all these things done now instead of waiting, like we did.

You sound really busy. I'm sure it's exhausting but so exciting at the same time!

1/2 an inch huh? Um... don't you still have like 4 weeks to go?

Joanna said...

Yes, I still have about 3 weeks and two days to go but, shhh...don't tell me that, I'll start crying. Just say, "Any day now Jo." Lie if you have to, please!

Anonymous said...

I get that way at the end of my pregnancies too. I hope you can hang in there without feeling too bad!!! (((hugs)))

Johanna said...

You do have a lot going on! Try to get some rest before this baby makes her appearance. And hey, 1/2 cm is better than nothing! She'll be born before you know it.