Friday, May 30, 2008

More Excitement Than I Can Contain!


There have been so many little things (and big things) going on this week that I have not even had time to post about each one as it has happened. Early this week, I got a packet from our home study agency with all of the things we have to put together to have the social worker come out to see our home and family and begin the process of approving us for an international adoption. We were floored by just how much information they need. So we have been spending every night writing our autobiographies, answering a bunch of questions, and providing information on our house, yard, expectations, health, and other things like that. On the same day that we received that packet, Jerry received his official acceptance from Taylor University's MBA program. He is now finalizing just which classes he will take and turning in his paper work to secure his spot on the two week European trip in September.


Yesterday, my sister-in-law was able to do an excellent sonogram on a very cool, very new ultrasound machine. Although the baby wasn't cooperating enough to get some cool 4D shots of the face, we were able to get a few great regular photos and some video's of lots and lots of movement. Anyway, say hello to my brand new baby

Boy!

That's right, another boy makes three. I am way outnumbered in this house now. I mean way outnumbered. Fortunately for me, there's more on the adoption front.

Today I got a call that our application to adopt had been accepted by the adoption agency and received an e-mail with a packet of papers that had to be signed, notarized, and mailed back with the first agency fee. I printed them out, read them, and took them to Jerry's work where there just happens to be a notary public and we signed them. They are already in the mail back to the agency just hours after we got them! When they arrive, we'll receive our dossier instructions to begin putting together the dossier in earnest! I am so excited, because what all this means is that now the adoption agency is committed to seeing us through this process! Of course there is still the big IF - they are committed to seeing us through the process if we can just get the papers done and registered in China before this beautiful baby boy pictured above makes his appearance into this world. So now comes the fun part. Lots and lots of paperwork! We sure would covet your prayers that this all goes smoothly. We really feel like taking this step to apply for the adoption was the right thing to do. I have to trust that if God paved the way for us to start, and gave us peace about starting, He will see it through. I'll keep you all posted on what happens next!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It looks like everything is really working out!

Joanna said...

Yeah, that's fabulous. And I love the adoption ticker. So cute!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BOY! :) And crossing my fingers for a smooth adoption! I like the ticker too :)

Stacey said...

wow. God never ceases to amaze me. That He can make little people INSIDE us is incredible! congrats to both of you with all those sweet babies!