Friday, November 7, 2008

You may be wondering...

Some of you may be wondering what is going on with this baby of mine. Well, my doctor and I are wondering, too! Today, my official diagnosis is that I have a "temperamental uterus"! How funny! I tried to tell my doctor that I go long and have large babies. But he insisted that a woman who is on her third baby who is already dilating at 36 weeks will absolutely go into labor on her own, and most likely by 38 weeks. Well, despite all of our best efforts at getting labor going (I have been to the doctor 4 days this week), my uterus is on vacation. After days of contractions that did produce a bit more progress for me (although not as much as it seemed like it should), I have completely. quit. having. contractions. So there it is. All of you who were so wonderful to predict a birth this past week, I love you all. Even the day I predicted has come and gone. My official instructions are to lay low and try to keep everything calm this weekend because my doctor is not on call again until Sunday night at 10:00. Then Monday I go back in first thing in the morning and the doctor will try to repeatedly agitate my uterus all over again. Surprisingly, I am not frustrated. I am not very miserable. I am looking forward to having an excuse to be lazy all weekend long! :)

6 comments:

Johanna said...

You know, my new prediction on a date is the 13th because that is the next full moon. Don't more women go into labor on a full moon?

Amy said...

i thought for sure you were at the hospital today. I had some contractions today, but nothing productive. Still, i was glad to have something! We got a few more things done today, including wrapping some gifts for the big brother and sister. The baby got them an Uno stacking blocks game.

Johanna said...

Yeah, our baby got the boys new color wonder books. And hey, a few contractions is more than I've had. But at this point, that is good. Come Monday, though...this uterus of mine better whip into shape!!

Anonymous said...

I usually end up being induced. After 40 weeks. So I feel ya!

Definitely take advantage of any lazy time you get!!! haha

I hope everything goes well!! *prayers*

M said...

lol.... well it was worth a shot....

And the full moon never does a thing for me.... it was the new moon in both of my cases....

Elspeth said...

A "tempermental" uterus? Hmmm...

Hope you're feeling at peace even as you anxiously wait the arrival of your little one. Stay encouraged!