Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Kind Of Disgusting, Really

Our vacuum cleaner broke. It served us well considering we bought it right after we were married over 11 years ago. It wasn't totally broke, really, but the part that was broken gave us a good reason to go out and get a new vacuum. And who doesn't love spending money??

Anyway, we got one of those with a clear canisters that you can empty each time you vacuum that has a special filter especially for people with allergies who live in houses with pets. Since I have one son with severe allergies and one with asthma, this seemed like a good idea. And I'm sure it is a good idea, but it has one unfortunate side effect. This vacuum makes me feel like a horrible housekeeper!! Seriously, where does all that dust, dirt, and cat hair come from? And how long has it been since I vacuumed again? Ugh...

3 comments:

Joanna said...

LOL. That's a good one.

M said...

Thanks for informing me not to replace my vacuum with one like that. That is a good housekeeping hint.

Johanna said...

After reading this post again, I feel like I need to say that I didn't pay anywhere near what the price on their website says for that vacuum! The frugal core of my being would not let that go once I saw the price posted right there!

Also, even though seeing all the dirt is a bit disgusting, I still really like this vacuum. I like that all that stuff is going in my trash can and not staying on my floor. I like instant gratification and I can see the junk coming off my carpet as soon as I vacuum! And I no longer have to pay a ridiculous price for the allergen free vacuum bags I was buying before!