Sunday, January 11, 2009

Aahhh, the Anticipation

So this is the day I said Anna would be born. It's not looking too good. In fact, a C/S is looming on the horizon. Here's the goods:

My OB office does C/Ss on Thursdays at St. Joseph's, where I have opted to deliver (Lily was born there, too). So, I have exactly two extra days to go into labor on my own before Thursday the 15th. On that day, I have a C/S scheduled at 11 in the morning. At this point I just want to cry. I'm trying not to think about it too much. Recovery from a C/S holds many implications for me, the least of which is that another VBAC is next to impossible with these yahoos around here. Pregnancy is already very difficult for me, recovery is usually a breeze but not with a C/S - I don't know how my friend Tina did it four times. My poor mom wants to go back to Maui to be with Dad for four weeks before he (they) come home for good. She plans to stay if I have to have a C/S and I really don't want her to have to do that. I want her to be able to go take care of her husband.

I have been contracting very well since Monday, except for Thursday and Friday. Yesterday I contracted every 4-5 minutes for about an hour or two; I tried not to pay too much attention. I only had two very mild contractions all night long. This is a long labor if that's what this is. Both Rachel and Lily were born on a Tuesday after laboring all weekend and then my water breaking on Monday, late at night.

I'm a little depressed about this, so please pray that I will accept whatever it is that God's will is for this babe and my life with grace and gratefulness. There is so much to learn from what God challenges you with and I don't want to stomp on it whilst whining and crying like a baby.

I think I might need to take a nap.

6 comments:

Marie said...

This is just awful! And it probably doesn't help that your dear friend calls early in the morning and interrupts your precious sleep. If you end up having to have a CS, then maybe Caleb and I can stay longer than planned and help out if your mom has to leave. It's not looking like we're going to Cali any time soon, so we'll have the time. Anyway, I hope it won't come to that though. I remember how miserable you were after the CS with Sarah.

Mrs. Amy @ Clothesline Alley said...

Prayers and lots of hugs for you, my friend. If I lived closer to you, I would be banging on your door to come help y'all out! :o(

Kristen and Dave said...

I'm so sorry!! I'll pray for you. Remember that His ways are higher than ours!!

Johanna said...

I am praying that she will come on her own and soon, dear friend! I know how frustrating the end of pregnancy is without the pressure to go into labor to avoid a c-section. I so wish I could be there for you right now...My thoughts are with you.

Lawanda said...

I hope you can deliver naturally. I would be scared and upset too. I will pray for ya chicka.

Joanna said...

Thanks guys. Stop making me cry.