Monday, January 5, 2009

The Final Push

Just think everyone out there: one more week or less and you'll finally be able to stop hearing these two Jos talk about being pregnant. You'd think that's all we ever did.

Anyway, my visit with the doc today revealed 2cm dilated and has produced many, many strong contractions. Hopefully soon Anna will be here. They will schedule a C/S for Thursday next if I don't go into labor naturally before then. The contractions I've been having have moved lower on my uterus and are quite painful. They come about every 5 to 10 minutes. That's pretty good. We'll see if they keep it up. Usually my water breaks and then labor stalls. I don't mean it gets slower, I mean it comes to a dead halt. They give me a wee bit of Pitocin and in 45 minutes baby is here. It's amazing.

Okay, wait...contraction.

Whew, that was a REALLY good one. I hope it was productive.

Anyway, I think I am prepared to post some pictures now. We had our first day back to school today and I am so excited about our shelves and how totally useful our neat little school room is. It's a complete answer to prayer. I'll just never get over how blessed I am. You'd think I'd be a more dutiful daughter.

Now, surely you all remember this post that showed off all the glorious vomit colors of this house we bought. We decided that before we moved all of my parents' stuff in we should have the house painted. We managed to find a guy in need of work enough to take the job for $2250. This was for all the rooms in the house except the laundry room and bathrooms and no closets or doors, but all the trim. We were so happy with his work and the fact that he came later after the job was done to put a third coat on the yellow and pink and do a lot of touch up work that we paid him an extra $500. The other two bids we had on the job were for $4900 and $8000.

Here's some pictures of the colors we picked.
This is the sewing room. It's pretty far down on the priority list as far as getting it in working order so it's not put back together yet. But both Mom and I really dig the happy yellow.
The girls' pink room. Not too bad a pink, I think.
This will be Anna's room and also the guest room.
You can see the two colors of tan we picked out for everywhere else in the house. All the main living areas anyway. The kitchen and two master bedrooms are the blue you see below. Hmm, I have a pretty darned high-speed camera; maybe I should take some better shots of this color.
And then there's the blue. Here's Lily showing it off. This is the upstairs master (mine). Del was remodeling and painting the closet at the time so there was a lot of chaos in the room. Hmm, once again...high-speed camera...need better pictures.

Then we finished putting the school room together basically. There's still a few things that need to be addressed but for the most part, it's done and I really like it!!!

So that's my news. Please pray for Anna to be born sometime before next Thursday. I'd appreciate it.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I really like the blue you picked out. I sure hope baby comes soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Unknown said...

The house looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. The school room looks huge! What a great area! That's great news about the contractions. But if they are every 5 to 10 minutes, shouldn't you be on your way to the hospital (or the birthing center)? Or does it have to be every 5 minutes consistently? Do you mean this coming Thursday? Two days away Thursday?

Johanna said...

Perhaps the reason it feels like we talk about being pregnant all the time is because since we got married 10-11 years ago, there have been 11 pregnancies between the two of us! If you count the adoption (which I couldn't stop blogging about this summer), it would be 12! We're quite impressive, the two of us! :0)

Yeah for contractions! If she hasn't already made her appearance since you posted this, you tell Anna that I said she better get out here NOW, young lady! She didn't listen?? Yeesh, Jo, when are you going to teach this child to obey? :)

Love the paint choices! And your school room is so cheery!