Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fall on Jesus

Somtimes I find myself wallowing in guilt. This is something that I didn't recognize until recently, either. You see, I have a real fear of failure. This is an unhealthy fear. Everyone fails at something at some time. The key is to learn from failure. Instead, I tend to feel shame and guilt when I fail. Rather than motivate me to do better, that shame and guilt usually drives me to do things to not have to feel the shame and guilt, like lose myself in a book or turn to a pint of ice-cream. These things, of course, only lead to more shame and guilt! What a horrible, downward spiral to get caught in!

God has been dealing with me on these things and teaching me so much. I know that neither shame nor guilt is from Him. Today, I was blessed by a song. With these thoughts fresh on my mind, I set to cleaning up and put on my i-pod while doing so. The song by Chris Rice called "Untitled Hymn" (Come to Jesus) came on, and the words went straight to my soul:

And like a newborn baby,
Don't be afraid to crawl,
And remember when you walk sometimes we fall...

so Fall on Jesus,
Fall on Jesus,
Fall on Jesus and live.

I'm going to fall. The question is, "What am I going to do when I fall?" Oh that the answer would always be to go straight to my Jesus and let him help me up!

I hope that listening to this song will bless you as much as it has blessed me today!




No comments: