Jenni made this week's TTT theme favorite fictional people. Aren't you so glad she's blogging again? I am. In random order:
1) Matthew Cuthbert - Anne of Green Gables
2) Elizabeth Bennet - Pride and Prejudice ...actually Mr. and Mrs. Darcy. I want to live next door to the Darcys and play cards with them and go fishing in their lake.
3) Anne Elliot - Persuasion
4) Strider - The Lord of the Rings; and not that goofy guy they got to play in the movie. He's not a man, he's a goofball.
5) Can I just say that I hardly read fiction anymore so I'm actually having a hard time not coming up with characters from the same three or four books. I guess that's because I read the same books over and over again unless it's an apologetics book or some sort of text book. Ahhh, I need to expand my horizons.
6) Anne Shirley - Anne of Green Gables; Even though she is absolutely silly and is sometimes very misguided, I have to admit I do really like her character.
7) Hadassah - The Mark of the Lion series; she's lovely. I wish I could be her...actually, I don't really want to be half eaten by a lion so...never mind, but isn't she lovely?
8) Leana McKie - Thorn in My Heart and the other two books in that series.
9) Mr. Bennet - Pride and Prejudice
10) Mr. Knightley - Emma; everyone needs a Mr. Knightley in their life. Thank God I have Del, he's my Mr. Knightley only...better.
and because I wasted my #5 whining...
11) David Copperfield - David Copperfield; you know I hated almost every Charles Dickens book I picked up. But when I read David Copperfield I couldn't put it down. It's a thick book and I finished it in a week and a half or something. Yes, this was before I had any children.