Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Experiments

Every time I open my refrigerator I stop and thank God for the bounty that exists there.  And I'm not exaggerating.  It is brimming with items for our Thanksgiving and even other yummy stuff like kimchi and see the Dr. Pepper laying down over there?  YUMMY.  We're usually pretty darn traditional for Thanksgiving: turkey, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes and a vegetable platter.  This year we're doing something a little different.  Can you see it?

See it down there on top of the thing of carrots?

Why, I do believe I spy BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!!!!

I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Oh, my... I could never, ever post a picture of the inside of my fridge for all the world (well, my three blog readers) to see!

mmm, well, maybe next week I could. My mom is visiting. I have to clean out my fridge before she gets here.

Do report on how the Brussels Sprouts goes. Johanna inspired you, huh?

Johanna said...

WOW!!!!! HOLY COW!!! Mrs. Full-of-sarcasm-plus-I-have-nothing-good-to-say-about-your-stupid-Brussels-sprouts-post is going to try them!!!!

I cannot wait to hear what you think. I have a feeling that you'll be plesantly surprised. That's what I hope anyway... :)

Joanna said...

LOL. Truthfully, I'm intrigued. I can't imagine that brussels sprouts could ever be good, but I'm telling you, butter, EVOO, garlic, salt and pine nuts? What couldn't it make tasty? I think that would be good with green beans, too.

But really, it's more fun to be sarcastic about them, because everyone knows that BSs are meant for the dogs.

Joanna said...

By the way, Johanna, perfect response. That was exactly the reaction I was hoping for. Thank you for playing in to my maniacal hands. Ahhhahahahahaha, mwahhhhhhahahahahahahahahaahaha.