Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Please pray for my brother and his wife and children who live in the northern part of Houston. The eye just went through where they live, and I haven't heard from them yet. This storm is so huge that with the eye four hours south of here, we are already getting rain from the outermost band of Ike here in Dallas!

I was planning to leave Monday morning to go to Houston to take my adoption paperwork to the Chinese Consulate there. I am guessing that will have to be delayed. Pray also for that, but really just for all the people who are still there!

ETA: I still haven't heard from my brother, but I called my sister-in-law's parent's and Stephanie had called them at 8:30 this morning to say that they were fine, but they had property damage and no power. If they also lose water, or if the power is out for a long time, they will try to come up this way. They have been without power since 11:30 last night!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I was wondering about that. Thanks for the update. I'll pray.

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well!

Johanna said...

So I have heard from my brother now and they are all fine, but hot since there is still no power. they are still considering coming up this way, but have made no definite plans yet.

I still have no word on the consulate or what I am supposed to do next from my adoption agency...hopefully I'll hear something soon.