Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unbelievable

I went out to get my mail just now, and I am shocked - absolutely shocked - to see in the box our immigration approval!!!! We asked them to please have it done by October 1, but here it is, still September 13 and we already have it! I am overwhelmed and amazed by this.

Now the next step is to get this one document certified and then get all of our documents authenticated. I don't know when that can happen since I need to go to Houston to do that. I am not sure when downtown Houston will be up and running again! It looks like they still have power, but I have no idea if the consulate building is damaged or if the employees there will even be at work any time soon.

My excitement is somewhat tempered by the hurricane, and actually, I am in shock. I'm sure I'll jump up and down soon - well, as much as a 7 month pregnant woman can jump! As it is, I shed tears when I saw it! Isn't that such a pregnant response to the Lord providing in an absolutely amazing way?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, not just pregnant--I think it's a godly response. Happiness!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is wonderful Johanna! I hope Houston is back on its feet soon, and you can get your business done there!!!