Friday, September 19, 2008

Why Can't Every Day Be Like Today?

List of accomplishments:

- Eat breakfast
- Chat with a friend while drinking a cup of coffee
- Do ALL of school
- Do all of school without yelling at the kids
- too much anyway
- start dinner (Beef stroganoff in the crockpot)
- make bread
- get the kids a good, healthy lunch before noon and eat one myself
- fold the laundry
- clean up the house
- clean out that junk basket
- play a game of Spite and Malice with Ella
- start to bleach/oxy clean the pile of clothes that's been waiting for that for about two months
- make mint chocolate chip ice cream
- make sure Lily got 3 cups of milk
- start breakfast for tomorrow (banana muffins)

It's not even 5pm yet and Del is out golfing. I love days like today where everything is in mostly good order and I can make the kids happy just by letting the be in the kitchen with me. Sigh. Why can't every day be like today?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you've been busy! i wish i could get so motivated. after 2 weeks of being fully entertained by all that DW has to offer and lots of little kids to play with, he has completely forgotten how to play (or do anything, like put on his shoes and open the screen door) by himself. he's driving me up the wall. I think you need to mail me some of what ever you're on right now :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I love busy productive days!! Not that I have many of them, but the ones I do have are always great! LOL

You are one ROCKIN MAMA! :-D

Joanna said...

Okay, well today obviously is not like yesterday. It's 10:40, I'm still in my pajamas, I ruined the banana muffins by forgetting to put the egg in, I ruined the cinnamon pecan scones by putting egg in them and I spilled flour and sugar all over the kitchen floor which I still haven't swept up because I get mad when I look at it. I did do the laundry though. I think I'll go get dressed and sweep that stuff up. LOL.

Unknown said...

oh man! that sucks! I thought you sounded a little down when I talked to you. I'm sorry I didn't ask you about it. It's kinda funny that you didn't put eggs in the muffins but did in the scones... but I'm not laughing at you, I swear! :) Cinnamon pecan scones sound awesome! You should post the recipe. I love cinnamon pecan sticky buns, but they're so sweet that I can't eat them often. But scones sound like a great compromise. I hope your day goes better tomorrow.