Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Hate Math

I just thought I'd show you just how much Aaron hates math.  See the look on his face?  The look of sheer torture?

This is why I love my math program.  So I have moments of doubt when the lesson seems a bit dry too many days in a row, but then we get to a gem like this one!  Aaron tells me all the time that he hates school and hates math and hates writing and hates...you get the picture.  But I think it is all a front, because once we get going, he really enjoys himself.  This game was called "Corners" and was amazing.  Not only was it really fun for me and Aaron, it required Aaron to really exercise his math muscles!  When we finished, he looked at me and said, "Man!  That's a lot of stinkin' math!"  He won, by the way, with 365 points all totaled in his head as we played (no paper).  Yep, that's a lot of stinkin' math!


Ethan wasn't about to be left out of this one, so he grabbed a calculator and kept track of Aaron's score, too.  You know, he just had to make sure his big brother didn't mess up the calculations!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Awesome! I think the corners game is pretty ingenius. Our kids really like it too.

Stacey said...

That's really cool. I especially like how Ethan was checking Aaron's work. :)