Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adoption Update

The last time I updated you all, things were looking bleak yet God was obviously working. I am happy to tell you that all the requirements have now been fulfilled for the home study, thanks to some last minute scrambling last night and this morning to gather yet more supporting documents, and the final copy is at the adoption agency for approval. My social worker has said that once the final copy is submitted, she usually receives the approved, notarized copy with the certificate attached very quickly. When that happens, I will pick it up from the social worker and take it to immigration in person! It is hard to believe how much has changed in the nine days since things looked like they would be another full month. This afternoon, I will go ahead and schedule an appointment with immigration to drop off the application and paperwork to them. I don't know how long it takes to get in from the day you schedule the appointment. I am assuming that it isn't next day or anything, but if it is sooner than I think it will be, there is an option to reschedule. I'll post again once I have the home study in my hands ready to take it on to the next step! God has shown himself to be mighty in all of this. Please continue to pray that His timing will be perfect and that my heart would be filled with peace.

No comments: