Wednesday, July 16, 2008

God is Amazing

I guess I could just stop at the title and you would have a full summary of what I am feeling right now, but since you all are nosy, I'll give you the details too! The form that I sent out yesterday that said it would take two weeks to come back also said that if the person being inquired about lived in that state prior to 1998, the local county office needed to be contacted rather than the central state office since the statewide, computerized system was not put into place until mid-year 1997. Since Jerry and I lived in that state prior to 1998, I looked up the phone number for the county office today and called. It turns out that they finish the process in about a day rather than two weeks!! We will not have to wait for the central offices report since we did not live there after 1998 at all! Praise God! He just shaved about 8 business days off my timeline for me. Anyway, I am going to fax the form to the county office just as soon as the kids wake up from their nap.

Furthermore, the other office that my social worker had just contacted already got back to her, so once we hear from the one I am faxing today, she will have all the information she needs. And she sent me and my adoption agency the first copy of the completed home study report today missing only the information I am faxing for this afternoon. Wow. Can I just say that again? Wow.

On top of all of that, my devotional this morning was based out of Proverbs 3. Many of you have already guessed where I am going with this, haven't you. I could not help but notice the brightly highlighted 5th and 6th verses when I turned to that chapter as I finished my devotional book,

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Do you think he could be speaking to me any more clearly right now if he was actually sitting on the couch next to me looking into my eyes?

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow, that's fantastic Johanna!

Elspeth said...

So glad for you. Yes, God is amazing.

Stacey said...

That is awesome! Oh what a change one day can bring. I love the reminder from Proverbs 3.