Saturday, April 18, 2009

One Thing Does it Again

One Thing. I miss her blog. But she posted a link to this yesterday and I identify with it very much.

My favorite part is this:

"Motherhood is a Formal Enquiry, not “a challenge”. It is an Interrogation. Motherhood grabs you by the neck, slings you into a hard metal chair, angles a white hot light in your face and demands an accounting. It cross-examines you until you are no longer sure of who you are and can give no reasonable explanation for just what, exactly, you thought you were doing."

Yeah, motherhood isn't for wimps.

Go read the rest. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

::sigh:: I miss Jenni, too. I'll have to read that as soon as I have a moment to myself to do it! I am stealing the moment it takes to type this just now...