Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tie Another One On

Friend. Let's explore.

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

-Really? OK, I'll be calling you later with a few comm...er, requests.

Job 16:20 My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God;

-Thanks for praying for me when I asked, and when I didn't ask.

Proverbs 12:26 A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

-This is so poignant for me considering all the changes and times we've been through.

Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

-Thanks for setting me straight, even when it hurts.

Ecclesiastes 4:10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

-No pointless commentary needed.

Matthew 20:13 "But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius?

-I clearly saw $65 myself on the receipt, next time I'm going to hold you to a denarius.

Matthew 22:12 'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The {wo}man was speechless.

-Johanna, you did wear clothes to your wedding, right?

Luke 16:9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

-You tell me, because I don't get it myself; but it sure does sound nice.

John 16:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

-You knew this was going to be in here, didn't you.

Proverbs 27:9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.


Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown

It has been an honor and a privilege for me to be your friend through the years. May God bless you and keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, may the Lord turn his face to you and give you peace.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 comments:

Johanna said...

Wow! That was so cool to read! Thank you!

And, yes, I did wear clothes to my wedding... :)

Anonymous said...

Awww what a sweet tribute! I love it when people love each other :)

And I am glad you wore clothes to your wedding! LOL

Joanna said...

Whew! Thanks for easing my worry. ;)

Joanna said...

Sorry I messed it up. Happy birthday. I hope you're not sick today.

Johanna said...

It was just as beautiful today! I made it through my workout today before I threw up, and now I am good. Hopefully that is a sign for the rest of the day! :) We'll see.

Btw, I think you might be assuming a bit much to use Jesus's words as your own in the John 15:14 verse! :) I don't know... And I'm still confused on Luke 16:9. Any thoughts? Anyone?

Joanna said...

Yeah, sorry to be so irreverant...I thought I would just try though. You never know.