Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cornbread Issues

Alright, here's my problem. For some reason I feel compelled to like cornbread. This is a problem because, actually, I don't like cornbread. It's an even bigger problem because Del doesn't like cornbread. Being as Del is from a soul-food-cooking background, he's quite experienced in the cornbread arena and whenever I make a new recipe, he puts a bit in his mouth and says, "Nope, this isn't right." Do you know how many recipes for cornbread I've tried? It's ridiculous. Here is today's version. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This sure looks delicious!!!

Joanna said...

he said the texture was good but he couldn't handle the cheese...big sigh, ya can't win sometimes. at least four daughters liked it! that's enough for me to make it again, only i won't put in the cheese.

Johanna said...

Picky, picky Del! I think it looks yummy. I looked at the recipe, and I don't like jalepeno in my cornbread, but other than that it looks yummy to me, too!

Joanna said...

yeah, i didn't put the jalapenos in either because the four girls don't like it.

Joanna said...

it must be eaten entirely the first day because the next day it's no good.